QR.bizNewsFacebook Bug Removed Some Users From Block Lists of 800000 Users

Facebook Bug Removed Some Users From Block Lists of 800000 Users

The social network has admitted that more than 800,000 were hit by a bug that meant people they had blocked on either Facebook or Facebook Messenger were temporarily unblocked and able to see content that had been posted.

Apparently, the bug did not cause unblocked users to become friend with the users who had blocked them even if they were friends before getting blocked.

When you block someone on Facebook they can not see things you post on your profile, start conversations with you on Messenger or add you as a friend. "For example, pictures shared with friends of friends", writes Facebook's chief privacy officer, Erin Egan.

"We know that the ability to block someone is important, and we'd like to apologise", Egan said.

The company said in a post that the bug was active between May 29 and June 5. In addition, by blocking someone who was previously a friend, you automatically unfriend them.

Just a few months after launching Snapchat competitor, Riff, a collaborative video creation app for both iOS and Android users in 2015, Facebook plugged the plug on it.However, the tech giant said that most of the features of the app had been integrated into the main Facebook app and Messenger.

Facebook has admitted a glitch in its network meant people who had been blocked were temporarily unblocked. Unblocked users have been blocked again.

That ex you blocked on Facebook may have had access to your posts after all.

About 83% of the 800,000 users affected had only one person unblocked. Users affected by the bug should expect to see a notification asking them to go over go over their blocked list. The other 17 percent of users had more than one person unblocked, thanks to the bug.

A Facebook bug quietly unblocked people that 800,000 of its users had previously blocked

Mobile wallet Ipaymu and QR codes increase sales in Indonesia

Nowadays the majority of payment transactions in Indonesia are conducted by means of cash. However, modern technical solutions soon will be able to change this situation. Recently an e-wallet Ipaymu was introduced to citizens of the country, which will help to draw attention of smartphone users with the possibility to make mobile payments by means of QR technologies and will probably increase the popularity of cashless payments.

QR codes are used for medical purposes

QR codes have gained popularity around the world. They are used in all spheres of a human activity, helping him to get quick access to the information of his interest, for convenience of making purchases and payment of bank receipts.

New opportunities with the mobile wallet of FIS based on QR codes

Mobile payments become popular around the world. Many banks and financial institutions create special applications for smartphones due to which clients can make transactions by means of their mobile devices.

RuEn
Login with: